Monday, March 28, 2011

Technology.... The Sequel

I feel bad that I haven't had more to post here. I started this blog to make a record of the moronic things I do but lately... I haven't done that much. HOWEVER! I do have a follow-up to the previous entry.


When we left off I learned that the months of having to strategically aiming my remote at my TV to adjust the volume/turn it off/etc were wasted because I hadn't been hitting the buttons hard/long enough. It made my lazy life that much easier.

SO! As of late I've noticed the low battery light coming on and kind of ignored it because the remote still worked. Why track down batteries for something that still works. Made sense in my head. Last night I finally said the hell with it and found some.

Here's what I now know... I've had this TV since November. Since then I've had to REALLY aim the remote to do anything including bouncing the signal off the ceiling so it hits the cable box. Apparently, the batteries in the remote were bad this whole time... When I put the new ones in I didn't have to aim anything... I could point it anywhere and the box would respond as well as the TV. Five months of adjusting to aiming my remote a certain way to do anything and all I needed was new batteries.

Makes you feel really smart, let me tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment